Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ethan started kindergarten a couple of weeks ago...

They had a "meet the teacher" event the day before kindergarten actually started. It was nice. I took just him and left his little brother and sister with Ba. (Vietnamese word for Grandma) This way I could actually take pictures and not chase the other 2 around...He found his name on his desk...


And of course he found the legos... :)

I love his little hands...
We dropped off his school supplies, all except for his rubber boots. They were still in the mail. He has to have rubber boots because they have animals at the school and part of their day is made up with feeding them.


He found his locker, and it was blue! His favorite color.

I told him he could play at the playground even though it was like 106 degrees outside.



This is the barn where they keep all of the animals- so cool!
I wonder how many schools have a windmill?


His first attempt at the monkey bars...

He didn't quite make it but he said he's going to practice more once school started and he made it across the first day!

This is their greenhouse.
First day...

We went to one last lunch at Druber's.
Kien really wanted to sit with the big kids...


He hurried on to the bus so fast I didn't get to say good-bye! Or get a decent picture. I walked to my car crying... yes, I was one of those kindergarten moms. I felt kind of silly, he was only going to be gone for 3 hours... but it was kind of like his babyhood ending and he was going into the big world all by himself for the first time. He was really growing up.
So anyway I followed him all the way to school and beat the bus. :) I love the picture above even though I took it so fast it is not in focus. He was happy and a little relieved to see me I think.


I even got a hug good-bye. Next year I might not. :(